Chauvin Arnoux Group
Confidentiality Policy (GDPR)
The CHAUVIN ARNOUX Group (and its subsidiaries*) is the European leader in the design, manufacture and commercialization of portable test and measurement instruments.
In accordance with the requirements stipulated in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Chauvin Arnoux is responsible for the processing. Its head office is located at 12-16 Rue Sarah Bernhardt, 92600 Asnières-sur-Seine, France. Tel. (33) 01 44 85 44 85 – Fax : (33) 01 46 27 73 89 – Email: email@example.com
Chauvin Arnoux undertakes to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected.
Chauvin Arnoux undertakes never to sell, lease or make public your personal data. However, to ensure the best possible service for its customers, Chauvin-Arnoux may transfer your personal data either from one entity to another within the Group or to a business agent or to a company tasked with distributing documentation, as described in the present confidentiality policy.
Chauvin Arnoux may occasionally update or modify this policy and you should therefore check this page regularly.
The present confidentiality policy explains how we use and protect the data that we collect from you.
For any questions concerning this confidentiality policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address above.
What personal data are collected?
According to the terms of article 4 of the GDPR legislation, personal data is:
Any information referring to an identified or identifiable physical person. This includes:
- Your name and forenames
- Your marital status
- Your professional title and position
- The name of the company which employs you
- Your contact information, including your email address, your telephone number, your fax number and your social media identifiers
- Demographic information, such as your work address or home address, if you use it for professional contact purposes
- Other relevant information concerning your activity and your preferences regarding products or applications
- Details obtained from links to your professional profiles which are publicly available
Why have your data been collected?
We collect your personal data in order to:
Understand your needs and your centres of interest
Send you suitable information
Offer you better service in the context of our products
We use these data to:
Provide you with relevant information concerning our products and services, as well as details of offers and opportunities which in our opinion might interest you if you have requested or accepted to receive this information
Fulfil our obligations resulting from any contracts with you, if you carry out prospection among our customers
Improve our product offering and our services
Optimize your web experience when you view our websites or our social media pages
The legal basis for collection
CHAUVIN ARNOUX is liable to collect personal data on the basis of:
♦ The consent of the person concerned;
♦ Fulfilment of its obligations in the context of a contract;
♦ The legitimate interest of the person responsible for processing;
♦ A legal obligation rendering such processing mandatory.
In professional relationships, prior consent by the person concerned is not required for commercial solicitations sent to the person’s professional email address as long as these solicitations are related to the profession of the person in question. This tolerance is called the “BtoB exception”.
Furthermore, prior consent is not required for any solicitation sent to the person concerned regarding services/products similar to those which this person has already received from the same organization.
You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data concerning you for reasons linked to your specific situation, at any time and when the refusal is based on legitimate interests. You will find further information on this right and how to exercise it below.
The data may be collected on the present website or on other sites belonging to us, as well as on social media.
You may also communicate these data by completing online forms or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or other means.
They may be collected when you register on our website to take part in a competition, promotion or survey, to contact us for general information, or during face-to-face situations with customers, such as exhibitions, seminars and other events.
If you are under 15 years of age, the consent of the person who has parental authority over you is necessary in addition to your own.
Your email address will remain in SendinBlue’s database for as long as we continue to use SendinBlue’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request your removal from the list. You can do this by using the “Unsubscribe” links provided in any email we send you, or by requesting such removal by email.
Website analytical data
We use Google Analytics to monitor and record user interactions on our website. These data are used to determine the numbers of people visiting the various pages on our websites, so that we can better understand which pages are viewed, for how long and, in general, how our web pages are used. We also monitor visitors’ navigation through our websites.
Google Analytics records various data, including geographical locations, the devices and browsers used, the operating system, etc. None of this information can be used to identify you personally. Google Analytics also records the IP address of your computer which may be used to identify your location. In this context, Google is considered to be a third-party data processor.
To find out how to disable cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
Data protection & retention
We guarantee that the data we hold about you are kept secure. To prevent any disclosure or unauthorized access, we have set in place appropriate physical, logical and managerial procedures to protect and secure the information which we gather.
However, although we do our utmost to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the total security of every item of data transmitted to our website, so any transmission takes place at your own risk.
Duration of data retention
We only retain your data for the duration reasonably necessary for the purposes stipulated in this Confidentiality Notice and in order to fulfil our legal obligations. To determine the retention duration for your data, we take into account the quantity, the nature and the sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of prejudice due to unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the reasons why we are processing your personal data and whether we could achieve these objectives by other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements.
You can request details of the personal data that we hold concerning you, in accordance with French Law 2018-493 of 20th June 2018 regarding Protection of Personal Data, or to European Parliament regulation 2016/679 on data protection (GDPR). If you wish to receive a copy of the information we hold about you, please send us an email.
If you think that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will swiftly correct any inaccurate information.
We will only disclose or share your personal data if we are forced to do so:
- To comply with a legal obligation of any sort
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Business and other contracts
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Chauvin Arnoux and its customers. This includes exchanging data with other companies and organizations with the aim of protecting against fraud and reducing credit risk
- In the context of the collection of CVs and covering letters, we undertake to destroy them after a legal period of two years following the last contact with the applicant
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In accordance with the GDPR, you benefit from the following rights:
- You have the right to request rectification of the personal data we hold about you and to have any incomplete or inaccurate information that we hold about you corrected
- You may ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to process it
- You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data if you have exercised your right to oppose processing of such data
- You may oppose processing of your personal data if we are relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and if something in your specific situation means that you wish to oppose processing for that reason
- You also have the right to oppose processing of your personal data when we do so for direct marketing purposes
- This enables you to ask is to suspend processing of your personal data, for example if you wish us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it
- You may request the transfer of your personal information to another party
If necessary, you may file a complaint with the national supervisory authority.
In France, the supervisory authority is the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL) (www.cnil.fr ).
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. To do so, you must send an access request to email@example.com
Chauvin Arnoux Ltd (UK)
Shanghai Pujiang Enerdis Instruments Co Ltd (CN)
CA Mätsystem AB (SE)
Chauvin Arnoux Middle East (LBN)
Chauvin Arnoux GesmbH (AT)
AMRA – Chauvin Arnoux (IT)
Chauvin Arnoux Ibérica S.A. (ES)
Chauvin Arnoux GmbH (DE)
Chauvin Arnoux AG (CH)